If you select the right real estate agent, selling your home doesn't have to be a stressful and unpleasant experience. You want an agent that will communicate with you on a regular basis, keeping you totally informed every step of the way. We have the experience and knowledge to guide you through the selling process and reduce the stress and bad experiences. Why have 1 Realtor when you can have 2?
You may want to know the steps you will go through to sell your home.
Here is a brief overview of the selling process:
1. First, we meet with you to begin the process of giving you the pertinent information involved in selling your home. This will also give you the opportunity to get to know us, and for us to get to know you. Mutual trust is a must for a successful sale. As your listing agent, our loyalty is to you. Therefore, any information you give us is confidential.
2. We will review with you the various forms that will be used, and answer your questions.
3. When you are ready to list your home, we will meet again, and we will gather the information we need to list your home.
4. We will discuss the desired listing price of your home, and compare it to a Comparable Market Analysis (CMA) to arrive at the final listing price.
5. You will be asked let us see and copy various forms from the original purchase of your home, if you have them.
6. We will then take photographs, measure your home and place the sign and lockbox at the property.
7. We will ask you to be available to us by phone at all times, and we will contact you at least weekly, or sooner if the need arises. Communication is extremely important in the selling process.
8. When an offer is received, you will be notified immediately, and we will review it with you, give advice and advise the prospective buyer of your decision.
9. When an offer is accepted by you, we will be there for you through the closing process to guide your every step.
1. Contact your favorite Golden Realty and Management Realtor and let them know you are thinking about selling your home. They can investigate current market conditions and do a free Comparative Market Analysis to determine the highest possible, yet competitive list price for your home. They can also guide you through the process from start to finish!
2. Clean, Clean, Clean! This is the time when you want your home to look its very best. Pay attention to baseboards, ceiling fans, air filters, windows, blinds, light fixtures, and framed artwork/mirrors. A carpet cleaning might be a great idea.
3. De-Clutter! Buyers love to see useful space. Excess clutter can cloud their view of how spacious your home really is! Now would be a good time to get rid of things you haven’t used in years! Display no more than 2 appliances on the kitchen counters. Put all toiletries away on the counter in the bathrooms. Organize all your closets and cabinets- buyers look everywhere!
4. Touch up the paint on the walls and trim if it’s been a while. You may want to try a “Magic Eraser” to remove the scuffs and marks first.
5. Take down personal photographs. Buyers want to be able to picture themselves in their new home. Personal photos may make the buyer feel uncomfortable.
6. Pay attention to the natural odor(s) in your home. You may need to ask an honest friend to help with this one! Every home has its own odor. A deep cleaning should help with the odor; however, it may be a good idea to “Febreeze” couches and carpets. A couple neutral air fresheners go a long way (vanilla is always a favorite!) Your goal is for a “light scent of fragrance”. Too much air freshener will be overkill. If you do have pets, you may want to come up with a plan of action for when you have showings. Dogs are our best friends, but they might be our worst enemy when it comes to selling our home!
7. Touch up on your landscaping. Curb appeal is what is going to first attract buyers to your home. Keep grass mowed with clean edges. Remove all dead/dying plants and shrubs. If your yard needs some freshening up, plant some flowering plants or brightly colored green shrubs. Don’t forget to keep up with the weeds!
8. Gather all the important documents for the sale of your home. You will need them when the house sells, so you may want to locate them now. Title Insurance Policy, Restrictive Covenants, Appraisal, Survey, Copy of the Deed and anything else involving the sale of your home. Try to gather all your receipts for recent repairs ( have you recently painted your home, replaced the water heater or AC?)
9. Contact your favorite GRM Realtor and tell them you’re ready to sell! They will guide you through all paperwork and other steps needed to list your home for sale!
Golden Realty & Management 8354 Six Forks Road, Suite 103 Raleigh, NC 27615 919-605-7892 - Phone 919-800-3030 - Fax www.GoldenRealtyNC.com